Wednesday, September 1, 2010

I Call BS! Ed Schultz says he can out draw Glenn Beck


When it comes to toot one’s own horn, there are two types of people. There are boasters and there are BS-ers. The difference between the two is accomplishment. For example, when Steve Jobs boasts about the performance of the new iPhone 4G, he had the wild success of the previous iPhones to back him up. Now, when you don’t have anything to back up your claims you sound like MSNBC talker Ed Schultz:


Where has this guy ever drawn a crowd anything near the size of Beck’s rally?  I don’t think Schultz even has 300,000 regular listeners on either of his shows. The most telling thing about Schultz’s statement is need for union help to pull it off.

SCHULTZ (07:00): Hold it right there! Before we get to her answer, I could get every union head in this country, I could organize every progressive group in this country, the main bloggers. This could be The Ed March. Folks, 300,000 people on the heels of six months' promotion, that ain't no big shakes!

Six months' promotion, NBC News says 300,000 people. I bet I could do that! I bet I could do that with this radio show and my TV show and six months' production, six months' promotion, if I had the budget I could equal that march. I know I could!

I guarantee you, I could do more than 300,000! It ain't a big deal!

I say go for it Ed! I don’t think he could even get a 100,000 people, even with Keith Olbermann and Rachel Maddow helping (and make no mistake Maddow would draw the lion’s share out of the three).

The only thing  better than seeing Ed Schultz totally fail, would be the meltdown he would have from being publicly humiliated.



UPDATE: Even Glenn Beck is laughing



7 comments:

Christopher - Conservative Perspective said...

CABLE NEWS RACE MON. AUG 30, 2010
VIEWERS

FOXNEWS BECK 2,600,000

MSNBC SHULTZ 699,000

Nuff said!

Just a conservative girl said...

I could probably get 300K if I had every union in the country helping me. What does that prove?

thanks so much for helping out my freinds with some additional exposure. I am just hoping our friendship survives the next six months!!

Jenny said...

Hope it turns out to a celebration of hope, faith, charity and honor. What are the odds?

trinity said...

Schultz is delusional, but then everybody on that network is.

Malcolm said...

Although I'm an Ed fan, I don't think he could draw 300,000. Even if Beck is a bigger draw than Ed or other liberal pundits, it doesn't mean that Beck provides accurate information. Quantity doesn't equate quality.

What I would really like to see is Ed take on Beck in a debate. I'd bet money on Ed giving Beck an old fashioned dust up if they went head to head on the issues.

Rachel Ann said...

I liked the little tag he put on it "If I had the money." (or something to that effect) Little out in case he can't pull it off.

Janelle said...

Who is Ed Shultz and why would I care? D- television person? MSNBC? The channel and website from the past?

Related Posts with Thumbnails