Saturday, April 2, 2011

Donald Trump gets a weekly segment on Fox and Friends

In the few posts I have made on Donald Trump, I said I did not think he was really trying to run for the White House. Instead, I believe that Trump is once again pushing his brand. After this I am even more convinced Trump is just working his brand.
Mediaite: Need to add some spice to your Monday morning? Fox & Friends has announced just the thing for the media nerd that simply can’t get enough of the most attention-grabbing potential 2012 Republican presidential candidates yet: “Mondays with Trump,” a brand new segment where “The Donald now makes his voice loud and clear on Fox” on the news of the day. [MORE]


Fox has already let go of Newt Gingrich and Rick Santorum for getting too far along in their presidential aspirations. So does Trump joining Fox and Friends, 18 months out from the election, mean he isn't even getting into the race? Why hire him if he will only last two months?

Yesterday I watched Donald Trump's interview with Bill O'Reilly. As insufferable as O'Reilly has become, he did a good job asking serious questions to Trump. What I gathered from Trump's answers is as far as details go it is thin gruel. It is like he simply mimics the popular conservative position on issues like abortion and health care. On foreign affairs, Trumps offers up some heavy duty tough talk that I cannot imagine anyone backing up. 

Watch the whole interview below and let me know if you think Trump is serious about running or just serious about self promotion.

Via: Memeorandum
Via: Mediate
Via: The O'Reilly Factor

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails