Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The Thrill Is Gone Baby

Remember during the campaign how Obama seemed to bring about rapture amongst some of his audience. They were fainting from the mere sound of his voice. My, my, my what a difference a year and a half makes.

Check out the young brother fighting (and losing) to stay awake as The Won drones on and on. Oh, and don’t think for a hot second I did not notice that Obama used a teleprompter to speak to high school students.

 
WOOD TV: KALAMAZOO, Mich. (WOOD) - One of the Kalamazoo Central students -- who was seated behind keynote speaker President Barack Obama during Monday night's commencement ceremony -- fell asleep.
The student, who earned such a prime seat by singing in the choir, was captured on video due to his proximity to the president. He also was a hot topic on Twitter and the subject of several recently created Facebook pages.
Cue BB King!


Via: WOOD TV
Via: Online Journal

7 comments:

Just a conservative girl said...

I feel bad for the kid since the video didn't take long to go viral.

I am sure that he is mortified.


Too funny.

Ron B said...

Don't know how I missed this one but thanks for the post. I agree.....cue B.B. King!

Dean said...

The girl next to him has some pretty funny faces at the beginning. At 2:40 she starts blowing air into her cheeks. She definitely wants to be doing something else.

Larry Sheldon said...

I'm guessing that he uses the TelePrompter talk to his wife.

Or to order coffee.

Stogie said...

Great post. I remember when women were fainting at his rallies and I wondered if it were real or staged.

Love B.B. King, particularly this song.

Tyrone said...

Too funny! I'm going to pass this on to my friends heheheheeeee. The kid in front seemed to be golf-clapping, or was that because I watched the vid with the sound off? Those kids in the video seemed to be phoning it in - far cry from the religious fervor staged - er - shown during the campaign. Has the prez ever given an entire speech sans teleprompter? I'm fairly certain past presidents have, but I could be wrong.

Love BB King!

Anonymous said...

That boy has sinned against The Lord and Master. If he has ever held a job, the IRS will tear into his 1040EZ forms and look to wring more out of him, with penalties and interest thrown on for good measure. That boy has to learn who's boss!

- the friendly grizzly

Related Posts with Thumbnails