Saturday, February 19, 2011

Is There A Doctor In The House? Fake doctors' notes given out to union workers at Wisconsin rally


Maclver Institute: [Madison, WI] As tens of thousands of public employees skipped work this week to attend protest rallies outside the Wisconsin State Capitol, many wondered if they would face any disciplinary action for unexcused absences.
On Saturday, a group of men and women in lab coats purporting to be doctors were handing out medical excuse notes, without examining the ‘patients.’
“I asked this doctor what he was doing and he told me they were handing out excuses to people who were feeling sick due to emotional, mental or financial distress,” said Christian Hartsock. “They never performed an exam–he asked me how I was feeling today and I said I’m from California and I’m not used to the cold, so he handed me a note.” [MORE]
I cannot help but wonder if this gal got herself a doctors' note?  I have a strong feeling she was one of the first in line.


So much of these lefty protests are just straight up Astroturf.  Even the excuses for their absence are fake.  The left is already discrediting this story because they figured out that the guy who shot the video has done other sting videos.  I think the left would have a stronger case if they could prove the doctors were fake rather than trying to discredit the messenger. After all the doctor's name and license number are right there on the slip.

Video h/t: Hot Air

4 comments:

Justin said...

Surely this sort of thing is illegal, right?! I mean, issuing fake medical excuses so folks can skip out of work SOUNDS like it'd be illegal.

I hope Walker taps into his inner Reagan and brings the hammer down on these whiny little brats. Fire the striking teachers if not back to work by Wednesday and then go after the doctors handing out these bogus slips.

Angie Lee said...

Kids need collective bargaining, eh?

How ever did the kids manage w/o that in the past???

Clifton B said...

Justin:

Actually it is illegal to give out the note without an real examination.

Walker shows all signs of hanging tough. Even the people of WI are talking about recalling a Dem or two.

Clifton B said...

Angie Lee:

This is why the left tries not to debate their positions too much. They end up saying some really stupid things.

Related Posts with Thumbnails