Here are some of my thoughts on Al Franken in the senate.
- First, while Democrats get their 60 vote filibuster proof majority, I don’t think they will be able to use it on the big-ticket items like Cap and Trade and Healthcare. I do expect them to use it on the less controversial items. To make sure this doesn’t happen too often, conservatives from red states with Democrat senators need to start impressing upon those senators that following the progressive agenda will be hazardous to their political career come election time. Make no mistake; the far left is leaning on those conservative Democrat senators as well.
- Franken does give the Democrats a fairly consistent vote for their more progressive policies.
- Democrats may soon find that having Franken in the senate is less appealing than they thought. Franken has a history of saying and doing weird things.
- I suspect that Franken will initially try to play the role of statesman, but sooner or later his inner moonbat will come out. I see a YouTube moment in the making.
- If Republicans are smart, they will quickly try to paint any Franken moonbattiness as the face of the Democrat Party.