Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Obama gets an attitude adjustment too? Well, sort of...




I thought somebody wanted to get combative if Scott Brown won? I guess that like all the other Obama promises were meant to be broken.  Now Obama wants to take a softer, gentler, bi-partisan tone.  In a sit down with George Stephanopoulos Obama had this to say about healthcare reform
"Here's one thing I know and I just want to make sure that this is off the table: The Senate certainly shouldn't try to jam anything through until Scott Brown is seated," the president said. "People in Massachusetts spoke. He's got to be part of that process."
"I think point number two is that it is very important to look at the substance of this package and for the American people to understand that a lot of the fear mongering around this bill isn't true," Obama said.
"I would advise that we try to move quickly to coalesce around those elements of the package that people agree on," he said.
In other words, he has not given up on this disaster, rather than ramming it down our throats, he is going to try to sucker an unprincipled Republican into signing on to it.  Getting a few dim bulbs on the right to go along with government take over of healthcare is just what jittery Democrats need to pass this bill. Right now as the bill stands it would be fully the Democrat’s fault for passing it. Add on a few foolish Republicans and the Dems might have political cover and a defense in 2010.


This will be Scott Brown’s true test. Will he know enough not to take the bait? Frankly I am more worried about the usual suspects on the right (paging Snowe and Collins) who will fall for this tactic once a few conservative ideas are thrown into the mix.


Via: ABC News

4 comments:

Just a conservative girl said...

You are right that an eye must be kept on Collins and Snowe, but I also think that they have lost too many dems. I heard a few people in the house being interviewed today.........It doesn't look good for this bill.

Janelle said...

I'm not a great driver, just careful. "Coalesce around this package" has me slamming on the brakes.

ClassicFilm said...

Amen to that... Snowe and Collins are always the RINOs in the ointment.

I have faith in Scott Brown being true to his word and holding his ground about not voting for the ObamaCare/ReidCare/PelosiCare health care bill. He has said in a number of forums that health care reform is necessary for the nation, but this patched-together crazy quilt of a bill is a mess and is NOT the answer.

Throw it out and start from scratch. Analyze what is good and bad in state-run programs, like that in Massachusetts or Arizona, and build from there.

And I'd love for Brown to put forth one battle cry of two words:
"TORT REFORM." Probably won't happen (he never brought it up, or if he did, I missed it), but sure would be nice for Brown to take advantage of his current stardom and go for the jugular on the REAL cause of rising health care costs. It's those b*stard lawyers... LOL

Osumashi Kinyobe said...

That sounds like a desperate man to me. In fact, the Democrats you've quoted all sound scared. Mr. Brown's election was a kick to the bum for them. They should wake up. Democracy works.
Off-tangent: I was watching the news last evening and the pundits were discussing Obama's first year in office. The caption read- I kid you not- The Problems Obama Inherited. I couldn't believe it. The press will do anything to cushion this man. Don't cushion him from Scott's win. Let him stew in it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails