Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Sorry-ass Levi Johnston says, “I’m sorry” to the Palins



Deadbeat dad Levi Johnston is trying to make amends for his past sins against the Palins.  He is coming clean on the lies he told against the Palins. 
People Magazine: Levi Johnston isn't just getting past his differences with Bristol Palin – he's also hoping to make amends with her famous mom. 
"Last year, after Bristol and I broke up, I was unhappy and a little angry. Unfortunately, against my better judgment, I publicly said things about the Palins that were not completely true," he tells PEOPLE exclusively. "I have already privately apologized to Todd and Sarah. Since my statements were public, I owe it to the Palins to publicly apologize." 
Bristol added her own statement Tuesday saying, "Part of co-parenting is creating healthy and honest relationships between the parents. Tripp one day needs to know the truth and needs to know that even if a mistake is made the honorable thing to do is to own up to it."

Johnston and the former vice presidential candidate had been engaged in a war of words, with the 20-year-old accusing Palin of complaining about her job as governor of Alaska and claiming "there was a lot of talk of divorce" in the Palin household. 
Palin spoke out against the "malicious" remarks and also ripped Johnston forposing for Playgirl and talking about sex on The Tyra Banks Show. 
Though they had been in a bitter custody battle, Bristol, who recently made her acting debut on ABC Family's The Secret Life of the American Teenager, has said she and Johnston want to turn "a new page here as co-parents … and [put] aside the past because doing so is in [our son] Tripp's best interest." 
"So to the Palin family in general and to Sarah Palin in particular, please accept my regrets and forgive my youthful indiscretion," Johnston says in the statement. "I hope one day to restore your trust."  

Some quick thoughts
  1. Bristol Palin is about to make big mistake number two. Lying about intimate details of the Palin family life is despicable. Making up those lies for cash is despicable to the power of ten. Why would anyone want to give a snake in the grass like Levi a second chance to stab them in the back?  Bristol doesn’t need Levi’s money to raise Tripp, so why not just find someone else to fill the role of father?
  2. Sarah Palin can be a little to charitable at times. I hope this isn’t one of them.  If Levi is back in the fold, I hope she keeps him just on the periphery of her family. For all we know, he is just trying to dig up new dirt.
  3. If Levi is really “sorry” for the lies he told, then an act of contrition is in order. I say he should donate all the money he made trashing the Palins. Give the money to some single mother’s organization.
  4. I wonder if Andrew Sullivan and all the other Palin Haters who readily bought into Levi’s lies will realize that they have some serious egg on their faces?  I doubt it. When it comes to Palin Hatin’, common sense and common decency fly right out the window. 

7 comments:

rosewood59 said...

I think the Palins are a quality family and would go to extreme lenghts to help Levi become more stable and responsible. I would do the same if I were in their shoes.

With that said, I do not think the Palins are fools. If they can put this very public family issue behind them, well I applaude their compassionate hearts.

Levi has a chance to become a man. Let's all back off and let him do it.

VSO said...

Whadda shock! Tool extraordinaire Levi lied. IMHO A simple mea culpa will not do given his list of transgressions. Yes, make him give ALL the money made lying about the Palin's to a women's shelter or something and keep him on the fringes.

Frankly I'm surprised Mr. Palin didn't try to cut his nuts off after knocking up his teenage daughter thus causing a petty sticking point in the election: most Obama voters didn't know who Nancy Pelosi, Barney Frank or Harry Reid were but they ALL knew which candidate had a pregnant teen-age daughter.

Keep this tool at a distance. Fool me once...

Just a conservative girl said...

No such luck that people admitting to having egg on their faces. I read the comments to the article on this on CNN - most thought the Palin's paid him to say these things.

I am no longer a huge supporter of Palin, but I am glad that he came clean - his son is going to know about all of this and the sooner the apology comes the better for that relationship. Luckily for him he is young enough that this has no effect on him at all. By the time he is old enough to understand, lets hope they have a great bond that won't be too badly damaged by the truth.

Gorges Smythe said...

America is already forgetting Levi Johnson. Unfortunately, Pelosi, Frank and Reid are busy making themselves completely unforgettable.

spc said...

I agree with Rosewood-

Although I question the kid's motives and would be highly suspicious, it's an issue for the family to resolve.

Hope they get it figured out.

Anonymous said...

Good breakdown in "Quick Thoughts."

@rosewood59
"If they can put this very public family issue behind them, well I applaude their compassionate hearts."

A nice thought, but I lean more toward VSO's sentiments. So far I have only seen a half-hearted confession, which is almost no confession at all. This leaves too much for the gossip-mongers to hang their hats on.

I want to hear more from Levi, before the MSM starts shoving the mic in front of Sarah Palin and asking if she accepts the apology.

(Recovered Demoholic)

Hot Sam said...

I generally agree Bristol is making a mistake. I've rarely seen reconciliation end well.

I don't know what motives prompted his apology, but few men his age are as forthcoming and specific in their apologies. I choose to give him the benefit of contrition until I see evidence to the contrary.

I can think of many things I've done for which I wish a simple apology would be sufficient. Of teenage mistakes, his were rather benign.

He'll still have to deal with his mother and father in law.

Related Posts with Thumbnails