Wednesday, March 9, 2011

VIDEO: Newt Gingrich explains why he cheated on his wife - patriotism?

Newt Gingrich sat down with David Brody from the Christian Broadcasting Network to discuss politics and religion. Of course the issue of Newts two divorces came up. Here is how Newt responded.



Newt Gingrich: There’s no question at times of my life, partially driven by how passionately I felt about this country, that I worked far too hard and things happened in my life that were not appropriate. And what I can tell you is that when I did things that were wrong, I wasn’t trapped in situation ethics, I was doing things that were wrong, and yet, I was doing them. I found that I felt compelled to seek God’s forgiveness. Not God’s understanding, but God’s forgiveness. I do believe in a forgiving God. And I think most people, deep down in their hearts hope there’s a forgiving God.
Somebody once said that when we’re young, we seek justice, but as we get older, we seek mercy. There’s something to that, I think. I feel that I’m now 67 I’m a grandfather. I have two wonderful grandchildren. I have two wonderful daughters and two great sons-in-law. Callista and I have a great marriage. I think that I’ve learned an immense amount.
And I do feel, in that sense, that God has given me, has blessed me with an opportunity as a person. Forget about all this political stuff. As a person, I’ve had the opportunity to have a wonderful life, to find myself now, truly enjoying the depths of my life in ways that I never dreamed it was possible to have a life that was that nice.
So let me see if I can get this straight. Newt loves America so much that he worked so hard that it led him to cheat on two of his wives. This has got to be the most ridiculous BS I ever heard. If I had a penny for every time I heard someone say Newt is so smart, I would be a millionaire. But this answer is just dumb, dumb, dumb. It's even extra dumb because Newt has had years to think up a good excuse.

Whatever dreams Newt may have had for running in 2012, he should dispense with them ASAP, because this answer pretty much shut the door on that idea.

You can read and watch all of Newt's interview at The Brody File.

Via: Memeorandum
Via: CBN

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was so hoping that he would put his narcissism on hold, and stay away from 2012.
Gawd what a putz.

bd said...

this is what happens when you believe you are indispensable to the body politic +

talking heads' constant jabbering leads to:

a. its statistical, so many words will lead to nuggets - dung, gold, etc

b. given you are indispensable, you probably mistake/believe your dung is golden

tired and annoyed with the conservative establishment for consistently giving ng a welcoming platform - a disservice to all

Anonymous said...

Newt is a flawed sinner, so am I.. who isn't ?
If it's bad baggage we're looking for look at those who have been elected in spite of their baggage.
Who is capable of standing toe-to-toe with the Chosen One and win.

Maybe a loving a merciful God has already forgiven the man.

Related Posts with Thumbnails