Saturday, May 28, 2011

Rudy Giuliani tops CNN poll- Huh?

Washington (CNN) - Call it a sign of how unsettled the GOP presidential field remains: Two of the three people at the top of new national poll in the battle for the Republican nomination may not even run for the White House. And a CNN/Opinion Research Corporation survey also suggests that there is not a lot of enthusiasm about any of the major candidates.
According to the poll, which was released Friday, 16 percent of Republicans and independents who lean towards the GOP say they would most likely support Rudy Giuliani as their party's nominee. One point behind, at 15 percent is Mitt Romney, with Sarah Palin coming in at 13 percent. [MORE]

I find this poll rather surprising. Rudy Giuliani? Really? Perhaps the people polled think that since Giuliani turned New York City around, he might just be the man to turn America around.

Believe it or not, in 2008 Giuliani was my first choice (Thompson second and finally had to settle for Mitt). I picked him because I knew he would fight the War on Terror with gusto and he has no problem with making the biggest liberal crybabies twist in the wind. But that was 2008. The world is quite different now. I cannot see myself rolling the dice on anything but a true fiscal conservative. he

In the end, I don't see Rudy getting a campaign together and going for the gold off of this poll. The stakes are much higher that 2008 and the problems Rudy faced with the conservative base are even greater today.

Via: Memeorandum
Via: CNN

6 comments:

FIREBIRD said...

the MSM and the left picked McCain for us - we cannot let them pick our candidate in 2012!!!

online gambling said...

Really great blog. My friends referred me your site. Looks like everyone knows about it. I'm going to read your other posts. Take care. Keep sharing.

Anonymous said...

I'd like to see your take on the various candidates tabulated on the various issues, both economic and social. List each and score their position on a 1 - 10 basis. Don't add up the scores, each of us will weigh the issues diferently. It's challenging to know where they stand, especially if the media is our source of information. A regular update would be useful.

PeggyU said...

Just one more voice weighing in here. This is my first visit to your blog. I would consider myself to be very conservative (involved with our local Tea Party movement and actively campaigned for conservative candidates in the last election), but I think Giuliani might work out well. My reasons for thinking this are too lengthy to comment here, but I believe the MSM may have miscalculated on their strategy if they think they are giving us another McCain-type set up.

I had to pinch my nose to vote for McCain. I don't have nearly the misgivings with Rudy, and I can see voting for him, particularly if he is paired with a vice presidential candidate that has a strong Tea Party backing.

Newt or Mitt ... just can't go there.

Anonymous said...

media is just trying to toss us people they want to run--- we don't want them

spc said...

In the VP slot, a tea party candidate would be useless and little more than a move by the GOP to placate the new conservative movement so that we accept their RINO candidate. I'm not saying this is Rudy, but it's something we'll have to watch out for, and not settle for anyone they and the media try to pass off as the 'front runner'.

Related Posts with Thumbnails