Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Here comes Newt: Newt Gingrich running for president in 2012


Politico: Newt Gingrich formally launched his long-expected presidential campaign Wednesday, saying “we can return America to hope and opportunity.”
“I want your help, because no one person in the Oval Office can get this done,” Gingrich said in a YouTube video after announcing his candidacy on Twitter. “We Americans are going to have to talk together, work together, find solutions together and insist on opposing… those forces that don’t want to change.” [MORE]
Well, we all saw this coming, so this should not be a surprise for anyone. For me, Newt is completely off my radar. His shrug off conservative comments made him a non starter for me. His pig headed support of Dede Scozzafava and his outrageously stupid excuse for his affairs only adds to my reasons for rejecting Newt.

To me, Newt's candidacy is just like Mitt Romney's. Both men seem oblivious to the fact that their "political time" has come and gone. Plus both men also seem completely unable to explain their greatest flaws.

Newt will provide some nice arguments here and there and will no doubt catch a few headlines when he puts his foot in his mouth. Ultimately, Newt's campaign will be another distraction in a very crowed field.

Via: Poilitico

3 comments:

Andrew33 said...

I recall liking the old "libertarian" Newt. Now when I hear his name I want to puke. Newt is a washed up failure. He opposed the tea party and it's candidates until they started winning primaries. Now he is a "real" tea party guy. I'd vote for newt over BHO, but I know he would lose and is not the person to clean up the mess made over the last 2 decades. After all, he contributed to the problem by a combination of overreaching as Speaker and constant marital infidelity, both of which contributed greatly to the lurch to the left of the Republican party and the end of the "Reagan Republican" era. Now we have to start basically from scratch and having the guy who killed our momentum last time as point man now is unacceptable.

Anonymous said...

I will Not vote for Newt, "mittens", Huckabee, or Trump in a primary. They are out of the question.
If Allen West isn't going to be in the picture, then it's Herman Cain for me in the primary.
I'd vote for Cain over Christie in a primary cause I now think we're better off with someone who has not been in politics at all but has more than enough business experience and won't be blind to any radical muslim threat.
Also it is important to voice support for Israel, IMO.
As I've mentioned before, it's these 3 things:
Constitutional Conservative
Diamond hard backbone
Thick skin

SB Smith
TX

Liz said...

Yeah, that and he supports an individual mandate for healthcare.

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/gingrich-health-care-insurance/2011/05/15/id/396426

No Newt!

Related Posts with Thumbnails