Sunday, May 29, 2011

Woulda, Coulda, Shoulda - Mitch Daniels "I could have beaten Obama"

Politico: Indiana Gov. Mitch Daniels has taken himself out of the running for president, but he says he believes he could have defeated President Barack Obama for a second term.
“Yes, I think so,” Daniels said when asked whether he could have beaten Obama on ABC’s “This Week.” “I mean no one can know.”
Daniels said that his decision to not run was based on his family’s desire for privacy and security, which he said would inevitably have been lost in a campaign for the Republican presidential nomination.
“We've got young women, three of them that have been married not too long,” Daniels said. “They're looking forward to building lives, starting families and this was just a - a disruption that - that they were very, very leery of. And who wouldn't understand that?”
Is it just me or does this sound like cheap talk? Honestly, I could not imagine Mitch Daniels beating Obama in 2012. As I have said time and time again on this blog, Obama and the left are going to tear into the GOP nominee with every dirty trick in the book. Does anyone really believe that wimpy Mitch Daniels would have been able to overcome that?

Via: Memeorandum
Via: Politico

7 comments:

Just a conservative girl said...

I do believe he could have won. Many complain about his record, but there is much in that record that is very good. He has done some good things in Indiana.

I was sorry to hear he wouldn't run. And I don't blame his family a bit. His wife made a mistake, granted a pretty big one by leaving her daughters. But if they were able to leave it in the past then should so everyone else. It would have been turned into a circus.

Anonymous said...

Given how evil the media and the current favorite for the dems, the GOP candidate has to be a true ringleader as this upcoming election is going to be the biggest circus in US political history. If the dems had any brains, but alas, I contradicted myself, they wouldn't put this evil clown on the ballot for re-election as the world see us as a joke right now, and rightfully so. However, as I said, I contradicted myself as dems, for the most part, don't have any brains other than to smear oppositions.

Euripides said...

I can understand why someone wouldn't want to be vilified and destroyed by the media.

But I agree, Daniels is a wuss for using this as an excuse to be afraid of standing up to power.

MommyLisa said...

awww...Clifton! I'm bummed that you called my governor a wuss! My opinion is torn on whether or not he could have beaten Obama. On one hand, I feel like anyone who isn't Obama could beat Obama. On the other hand, I'm terrified that we're going to get stuck with 4 more years of this terrible circus. I respect Mitch for not only being a great governor, but also an amazing dad! I think this exemplifies his character perfectly.

Matt said...

Whoever steps into the campaign for 2012 has to know that the Dems and their media lapdogs will stop at nothing. What they cannot find, they will make up.

I agree with you. The man would be left twitching in the street after the bus ran over him.

FIREBIRD said...

IMHO Daniels wouldn't have a chance - he's too short and has bad hair - just doesn't look 'presidential' .... I know - trite but true

Anonymous said...

I don't think he could beat Obama either. However, I don't think this was cheap talk. The media will be working overtime digging into people's lives. It has to be hell for the family even if they have no major dirt to find. If he didn't take into account how his family felt about his running, that's not a good sign at all of his priorities.

SB Smith
TX

Related Posts with Thumbnails