Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Did I miss something? John McCain: “I never considered myself a maverick”


John McCain actually had the nerve to say he never considered himself a maverick! In an interview with Newsweek the Old Maverick had this to say: 
Much as the crowd ate up her every word, Palin had apparently missed the real message this electoral season in Arizona: for his three decades in Congress, McCain hadn't gone with the flow enough, at least not enough to satisfy many Arizona Republicans. Why else would his rival, former congressman J.D. Hayworth, be billing himself as "the consistent conservative"? Many of the GOP's most faithful, the kind who vote in primaries despite 115-degree heat, tired long ago of McCain the Maverick, the man who had crossed the aisle to work with Democrats on issues like immigration reform, global warming, and restricting campaign contributions. "Maverick" is a mantle McCain no longer claims; in fact, he now denies he ever was one. "I never considered myself a maverick," he told me. "I consider myself a person who serves the people of Arizona to the best of his abilities." Yet here was Palin, urging her fans four times in 15 minutes to send McCain the Maverick back to Washington. 
You have got to be kidding me! I don't think it is humanly possible to count the number of times John McCain called himself a maverick. Yet here he is denying the name in order to look like a rock steady conservative. Shameless. Hayworth did not waste a hot second to capitalize on this new revelation
“It’s a word that has been expunged from his vocabulary,” Hayworth said. “If memory serves, his campaign plane was called ‘Maverick One,’ and, as I understand it, in national campaigns they spend a lot of time on that stuff.”
“If you’re scoring at home, how many reversals is this?” Hayworth added, running through what he sees as a litany of McCain position changes. “He’s moving away from legislative reversals into branding reversals. It’s the new John McCain, nonmaverick edition, for the Arizona Senate election.”
I really hope McCain crashes and burns because he truly deserves it. Not only did he just waste the major political capital Sarah Palin spent on him, he once again reminded voters what a political gadfly he really is.  If we are to have any real chance at repealing ObamaCare, then Republicans like John McCain have to be shown the door ASAP.

Speaking of Palin, I bet she is writing a very large check to JD Hayworth right now. Don’t believe me? Check out video #3 at the 3:30 mark.
.
Via: The Right Scoop

6 comments:

Janelle said...

Time for an intervention for Congress. More than two terms in office is hazardous to their mental health. At least ninety percent of them behave erratically and their constant interaction with each other only makes them sicker.

Just a conservative girl said...

This cracks me up. This is why I felt so strongly about Palin endorsing him. She did it out of loyalty to him, something he has not returned to her. They now both look like idiots.

The last polls I looked at show McCain ahead by a healthy margin.

Anonymous said...

well said!

Bob Belvedere said...

Well put, Clifton.

What a low opinion Grumpy Ol’Johnny must have of the people of Arizona if he thinks he can wave his magic wand and all of them will forget that he endlessly boasted over the years of his non-conformity and, while doing his best James Garner, was actually betraying, time and time again, the conservatives who elected him.

Quoted from and Linked to at:
Today's Delusional Moment Is Brought To You By...

JennsR said...

McCain may have said something to get some media attention?? That is what this comment has caused. The more I read, the funnier it gets. I am not sure if all in AZ know just how terrible JD Hayworth is. Spend some time reading about that guy and you will do all it takes to make sure JD is NOT elected! MCCAIN IS THE BEST CANDIDATE!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry but I'm going to havet disagree.. Arizona would be better off without the stink of Hayworthless' booze breath. John McCain is an American hero and I thank him for his service to our country. The times have changed and a real conservative leader is what America needs now.

Related Posts with Thumbnails