Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Are these community organizers praying to Obama for health care reform?

From Breitbart.TV:

The Gamaliel National Clergy Caucus held "a New Orleans style funeral procession as they deliver a casket symbolizing the death of old ways of providing health care and pray for a new day for health care in America."

The Gamaliel Foundation is the community organizing group that helped sponsor Barack Obama's initial work in Chicago.

Editor's note: We've updated this post with the longer version of the original event. As you'll see in the comments and related links there is a debate over what is actually being said. Does the crowd say, "Hear our cry, Obama" and "Deliver us Obama?" Or are they saying "Oh God?" In the longer version the first two repetitions seem to have a distinct "uh" sound at the end that resonates as "Obama." The later repetitions are a little fuzzier. Did some of the religious leaders present become uneasy? Or was there a mix of what was being said? Read some of the blogger analysis below. What do you think?

I am not sure what the heck to make of this. Are they saying “Obama” or “Oh God”? I cannot tell for sure. However holding a mock funeral and praying for health care reform is just plain nuts!

Leftist are always going on and on and on about empowering minorities, the poor and other members with victim status. But in reality all they do is promote weakness. Really, praying for health care reform? It would be bad enough if they were asking God to give them the grace so that they could pursue health care reform on their own, but straight out asking for reform, oh boy.

Michelle Malkin as always had the 411 on the Gamliel Foundation and its connection to Obama.

Listen to the video and tell what you think. Who do you think they are praying to?

Via: Memeorandum

Via: Breitbart.TV

Via: Michelle Malkin

4 comments:

arlenearmy said...

From looking at that video, its apparent that those people have lost their way.

I sit here at this blog wondering why is this happening ... and all I can think of is the Jim Jones syndrome. How else can this be explained.

If anyone here disagree, then PLEASE give me an logical explanation.

The Conservative Lady said...

Clifton:
I did a post on this and really thought they were saying "Obama". A little while later I happened upon your post and it gave me pause. So I went back and checked the video again. Sure enough, I don't think they are saying "Obama". It sounds like it in the beginning, but I think they are just out of sync. Thanks...and of course I gave credit where credit is due.

Clifton B said...

arlenearmy:

..and all I can think of is the Jim Jones syndrome

You took the words right out of my mouth.

Clifton B said...

TCL:

I must have listen to this video 6 times. Each time I went back and forth on the answer. Truth be told I still not sure. Either way, it is weird, weird, weird.

Related Posts with Thumbnails