Thursday, September 3, 2009

Van Jones: I am not a 9/11 Truther, I just play one on TV

As you all know by now from either Gateway Pundit or Glenn Beck’s show, that Van Jones is a 9/11 Truther. He signed on to the wacko 9/11 conspiracy theory organization 911Truther.org. He joins such mental midgets like Ed Asner and our favorite race baiter Jeanane Garofalo.

Van Jones has finally issued a statement.

From Jake Tapper at Political Punch:

In a statement issued Thursday evening Jones said of "the petition that was circulated today, I do not agree with this statement and it certainly does not reflect my views now or ever."

He did not explain how his name came to be on the petition.

"My work at the Council on Environmental Quality is entirely focused on one goal: building clean energy incentives which create 21st century jobs that improve energy efficiency and use renewable resources," Jones said in his statement tonight.

Jones also said in his statement that "In recent days some in the news media have reported on past statements I made before I joined the administration – some of which were made years ago. If I have offended anyone with statements I made in the past, I apologize."

That is all well and good for Comrade Jones, but what the hell is his name and organization doing on the list, especially when 911Truth.org says that they verified everyone on the list?

From Amanda Carpenter,Washington Times:

Mike Berger, a spokesman for 911Truth.org, told the Washington Times over the phone that all of the signers had been verified by their group. He said 9/11Truth.org board members “spoke with each person on the list by phone or through email to individually confirm they have added their name to that list.”

“I think in most cases they spoke to them personally,” he added. “No one’s name was put on that list without them knowing it.”

Comrade Jones needs to explain to us all how did his name get on a verified list if he does not agree with the statement now or ever?

If I had to venture a guess, I would say Van Jones did sign on to the 911Truther.org statement not because he really believed it, but because he is a rabble-rouser. As a rabble-rouser, anything to stick a finger in Bush’s eye was fine by him. It is this rabble-rouser mentality that probably made him set his organization Color of Change on Beck without thinking there might be repercussions.

Furthermore, I don’t believe Van Jones gives two shits about Green Jobs or Green anything else. I think he is just using all that green stuff as the vehicle to bring about all his tired sixties radical social justice bullshit beliefs.

Many are saying that Van Jones will be gone by Monday. OK, then the clock is ticking.

Via: Memeorandum

Via: Gateway Pundit

Via: Political Punch

Via: The Washington Times

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

And by the way... where are the "green jobs" this guy is supposed to be creating? If he's not gone by Monday I'd love to know what he's been doing for the past six months.

DaMav

Clifton B said...

Nikki:

Hopefully, the Van Jones incident will bring an end to this whole czar thing forever and president should ever bring the concept back again.

Clifton B said...

DaMav:

Welcome to ABC. EXCELLENT QUESTION! As I said in the post, I don't believe Van Jones was really doing anything Green or as you point out creating jobs. I do believe he is using whatever authority he has to push a very old agenda. Sad because the were people counting on "green jobs" (whatever that is).

Related Posts with Thumbnails