Wednesday, September 30, 2009

The Washington Post Is Looking For A New Pundit

The Washington Post is having a contest for America’s Next Great Pundit. While I doubt that WaPo will ultimately pick a conservative pundit, but I do think it is worth a try for anyone who isn’t a blogger or is thinking of starting a blog.

For those more established bloggers, I don’t really see a benefit. Many have already made a name for themselves in the bogosphere and have quite a following. Case in point, William Jacobson over at Le·gal In·sur·rec·tion just got his 1,000,000th hit on his blog today.

Via: Memeorandum

Via: Washington Post

H/T: Leg·gal In·ser·rec·tion

4 comments:

Fuzzy Slippers said...

There's a great discussion of this over at Michelle Malkin's blog (as I'm sure you're aware), and what I found most fun and interesting were the comments. OMG, we conservatives can be super amusing :)

Clifton B said...

Fuzzy Slippers:

Where as liberals are masters of snark, conservatives wield pure wit. I can just imagine the comments over at Malkin's.

Heather Chandler said...

Why is it worth a try for anyone who isn't a blogger, especially new ones or ones with little following?

Clifton B said...

Hazza Blue-Eyes:

I think the contest would work well for them because if they make it or runner up status, they will get exposure and an instant following.

It took months to build up my following and it is a daily chore to attract new ones.

Winning a contest saves you a few steps.

Related Posts with Thumbnails