Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Sorry David Axelrod, you’re wrong

Do you remember this sorry interview on Face The Nation, where David Axelrod said that the Tea Party Protesters were wrong:

Well, a funny thing happened today. Glenn Beck’s Saturday ratings came out and guess what? Beck’s ratings are more than double the combined ratings of CNN and MSNBC, which carried Obama’s speech in Minneapolis.

From TVNewser:

The 1pmET hour of Glenn Beck's 9/12 special drew 2.34M Total Viewers and 608K in A25-54 demo -- up a whopping 144% in Total Viewers and up 161% in demo viewers from the previous Saturday. The 2pmET hour built on the 1pm hour averaging 2.57M Total Viewers (up 189%) and 708K A25-54 viewers (up 226%).

Beck's two hours more than doubled the combined averages, in the demo and Total Viewers, of CNN (201K in demo, 678K Total) and MSNBC (125K in demo, 343K Total) from 1-3pmET Saturday.

CNN aired Pres. Obama's speech from Minneapolis from 2:00 to 2:40pmET. MSNBC aired the speech as well, then rounded out the 2pmET hour with Ed Schultz hosting, and guests debating healthcare reform. FNC stayed with Beck for the two hours with live coverage from the Tea Party Express rallies in Washington, DC and Ft. Worth, TX.

Even if you were to add all the people that attended Obama’s speech in Minneapolis, it is pretty clear that more people are interested in opposing ObamaCare than supporting it.

How about another example? Here is a YouTube clip someone sent me of a Pro-ObamaCare rally held the day after the 9/12 march.

Pretty pathetic, huh?

Sorry, David Axelrod, you are just plain wrong!

Via: Memorandum

Via: Hot Air

Via: TVNewser

1 comment:

Clifton B said...

Tom Degan:

Welcome to ABC. I have read your comment a few times and I am unsure how to respond. This is because I am unsure of your intention for posting it.

If your intention was to post a snarky liberal reply to my post, fine. I will be more than happy to post an equally snarky and cheerful conservative reply.

However, if your intention was to point out racism to me, then with all due respect please go chase yourself.

I am a 44-year-old black man who has experienced racism first hand. I do not require any bleeding heart liberal jumping up and down pointing out a racial boogeyman hiding behind speech codes, subliminal messages or hidden agendas. I know real racism when I see it.

It has been my observation that persons wielding the charge of racism sometimes are harboring deep seeded racism in themselves. Since they are unable to face such defects of character they skulk about in search of racism, real or imagined, in others in order to soothe their tortured souls.

So if your intention is the former, please let me know, if it is the latter don’t bother, I have had my fill.

Thank you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails