Saturday, October 10, 2009

Another Black Conservative’s FMJRA – The Nobel Prize Edition



Early this morning, I too received a call from Oslo Norway informing me that I have won the Nobel Prize for Conservative Blogging.  Even though I have only been blogging for a little over 6 months, the Nobel Committee informed me that I had won because of my potential to spread Linky Love throughout the conservative blogosphere.


I am both surprised and deeply humbled by the decision of the Nobel Committee.  Let me be clear:  I do not view it as a recognition of my own accomplishments, but rather as an affirmation of Rule #2 on behalf of aspirations held by bloggers in all nations.


To be honest, I do not feel that I deserve to be in the company of so many of the transformative bloggers who've been honored by this prize -- men and women who've inspired me and inspired the entire conservative blogosphere through their courageous pursuit of a better blog fu.


But I also know that this prize reflects the kind of world that those men and women, and all conservative Americans, want to build -- a world that gives life to the promise of our founding documents.  And I know that throughout history, the Nobel Peace Prize has not just been used to honor specific achievement; it's also been used as a means to give momentum to upstart bloggers like myself.  And that is why I will accept this award as a call to action -- a call for all conservative bloggers to confront the common challenges of this farcical administration.


To RS McCain who has decided to pan this prize because he did not win due to technical difficulties, I offer my first bit of newly recognized Linky Love.


Now let me begin to offer my newly Nobel recognize Linky Love to the masses.

Nobel Prized Linky Love For The Masses

Top post (though with less Linky Love) was clearly “Say What? Obama Wins The Nobel Prize?”.   Linky Love came from Snaggletooth of the Loyal Opposition, The Mercury Blogs –Talking Politics With Tony Phyrillas and Right Klik. Readers commented on this post like crazy, thank you all.

Bill Ayers Tells A Conservative Chicago Blogger He Wrote Dreams From My Father” pulled in second with the most Linky Love. Linkage came from the originator of the story Backyard Conservative as well as The Classic Liberal, my friend Left Coast Rebel and the very cool Camp of the Saints. Salon also linked but said I fell for Ayer’s ruse. What part of “I am not too sure what to make of this” does Salon not understand?




Bob Dole Says YES To ObamaCare” caught the eye of Coache P, Left Coast Rebel and the lefty blog Zandar Versus The Stupid.  I don’t think I got a single hit from Zandar on that one. Uhm!

First time linking to ABC was Jules Crittenden who linked to “Obama Cancels Meeting With The Dalai Lama” as well as long time linker Booker Rising.




Miscellaneous Linky Love came in from Le·gal In·sur·rec·tion who named ABC as blog of the day on Thursday. New blog An Ol’ Broads Ramblings linked to Beck’s As A Mom post and another new blog My Love Hate Relationship With Politics linked to the Military Coup against Obama. Left Coast Rebel out did himself this week picking up on both ACORN post and giving a special hat tip to ABC in his FMJRACarol’s Closet reached back in time to link to Michele Bachman’s statements on the census. Saber Point helped me out in recognizing Mary Baker.  Another new blog linking to ABC was The Quipster who linked to Obama staged doctor event. The awesome blog Right Klik picked up on the Baucus bill bait and switch.

Must Reads

Last week I stiffed you guys on the Must Reads, but I did bring them today. This week I have articles that caught my eye and one video.
From Investors Business Daily: McCain vs. Palin For The GOP’s Soul.
From Front Page Magazine and oldie but a goodie: How To Defeat The Left.
From RS McCain at The Green Room on Hot Air: Special Report Death In Clay County.  This is his report from Kentucky where the murder of census worker Bill Sparkman.
Video: Charles Kraurthammer: Decline Is A Choice.

New Blogs


That concludes these weeks FMJRA.  I would like to let you in on another achievement in addition to my Nobel Prize. This morning around 3:15 AM EST, ABC received its 40,000th hit since turning on the Sitemeter back in May!  Thanks to all of my visitors both new and old. I look forward to sharing with you all until the next Nobel Prize is awarded flippantly.  Until next week, think Technorati!

1 comment:

reg said...

dude there's no prize for conservative anything.empty baubles are for lefties.and real live vacuum tubes.your only consolation is a clear conscience.

Related Posts with Thumbnails