Sunday, October 18, 2009

Fairey Admits Wrongdoing: Deception Is A Common Theme In The Land of Hope and Change



From the LA Times:
In a strange twist to an already complicated legal situation, artist Shepard Fairey admitted today to legal wrongdoing in his ongoing battle with the Associated Press.
Fairey said in a statement issued late Friday that he knowingly submitted false images and deleted others in the legal proceedings, in an attempt to conceal the fact that the AP had correctly identified the photo that Fairey had used as a reference for his "Hope" poster of then-Sen. Barack Obama.
[snip] 
New filings to the court, he said, "state for the record that the AP is correct about which photo I used...and that I was mistaken. While I initially believed that the photo I referenced was a different one, I discovered early on in the case that I was wrong. In an attempt to conceal my mistake I submitted false images and deleted other images." 
To me this just seems like par for the course. Now that the election is over so much seems to be coming out that shows all the smoke and mirrors behind this campaign. From Obama’s empty promises of transparency to loosely connected things like Fairey’s Hope poster, everything is looking like one big fat deception.

Via: Memeorandum

3 comments:

The Griper said...

and the thing is, they don't even care if the people know it or not anymore.

The Conservative Lady said...

Griper is right. They don't care. They won, and that's the only thing that matters.

Janelle said...

Conservative Lady and griper.......keep the faith. This battle has just started - to quote our current POTUS:
"Punch back twice as hard".

Related Posts with Thumbnails