Friday, March 12, 2010

The 912 Project is 1 year old today


I was watching Glenn Beck today and the show was about the anniversary of the 9·12 Project. I know many of you readers are part of that group, so from me to you, congratulations for making a difference!

The 9/12 Project is based on 9 Principles and 12 Values, they are as follows:

Principles:
  1. America Is Good.
  2. I believe in God and He is the Center of my Life.
  3. I must always try to be a more honest person than I was yesterday.
  4. The family is sacred. My spouse and I are the ultimate authority, not the government.
  5. If you break the law you pay the penalty. Justice is blind and no one is above it.
  6. I have a right to life, liberty and pursuit of happiness, but there is no guarantee of equal results.
  7. I work hard for what I have and I will share it with who I want to. Government cannot force me to be charitable.
  8. It is not un-American for me to disagree with authority or to share my personal opinion.
  9. The government works for me. I do not answer to them, they answer to me.

Values:
* Honesty
* Reverence
* Hope
* Thrift
* Humility
* Charity
* Sincerity
* Moderation
* Hard Work
* Courage
* Personal Responsibility
* Gratitude 

I never became a 9/12 Project member, but I was inspired by the original show.  The concept of “we are not alone” in our beliefs empowered me. I was empowered because; I realized that my conservative beliefs were not weird or fringe but rather very much the mainstream. It was one of the things that got me off the couch and into action. For example, I started this blog!

Below is a video clip from Beck’s original show introducing the 9/12 Project and parts of today’s anniversary show. Enjoy and to all you 9/12ers thanks again.

 


For the rest of this video click here .

3 comments:

trinity said...

I saw the show, too, and I am kinda embarrassed to say that I didn't know about the 9.12 Project. I do think it is a great thing, though. I was brought up by my grandparents and these principles and values were instilled in me from the get-go.

Clifton B said...

trinity:

Don't feel embarrassed Trinity. This is the information age, thing move at the speed of light, it is impossible to keep up with it all. For every story posted on this blog, I wish I could have posted 3 more. We can only do so much.

Do take a few minutes when you can to skip over to the 9/12 Project at the link in the post. You might find that you fit right in.

Joie said...

This was my post as well! :o)
I can't believe it has been a year since it was launched, the time has just flown by. I loved seeing all the updates and activity that has gone on for the past year.

Take Care!

Oh, come join my new fight against the Common Core Standards and National Standardization of our education system. We need action now, not later...later will be too late. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails