Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Al Sharpton: Americans voted for Socialism


Well kudos to Al for that little bit of truth. Actually it is only a half the truth. Obama made no bone about what he meant by Universal Health Care. It was all he and the other Democrats talked about during the primaries. The programs they described sounded big, all encompassing and very expensive. Why the Hope Dopes thought he meant anything other than socialized medicine is beyond me.

Of course during the campaign if anyone actually used the word Socialism and Obama in the same sentence, both the Obama campaign and his media lapdogs had conniptions! Now that we are all stuck with socialized medicine, government run car companies and government run banks, we can all openly say Obama is a Socialist!  Good, because I never did like pretending otherwise.

6 comments:

Christopher said...

Nothing new here. We on the right knew this already. I would estimate that about 30% of B. Hussein voters were the ones without a clue, the other 70% knew they were voting for socialism.

Clifton B said...

Christopher:

I agree, those of us on the right saw Obama for what he was and rejected him. Those on the left also saw Obama for what he was and embraced him. It was the mushy middle who follow politics as closely as a mouse would follow a cat that fell for all the BS.

Janelle said...

Can't say I ever remember you pretending that he was any but a socialist, just a cowardly one, for not admitting it. Must have missed that post, Clifton!

darrel_forney said...

When Rev Al Sharpton made his comment he was being sarcastic. You can hear it in the tone of his voice. I dont get it if the tea party is so great then why all of the hate. Yes you have an opinion and yes the right for it to be heard but this is taking it to a new level.

Clifton B said...

Darrel:

When Rev Al Sharpton made his comment he was being sarcastic. You can hear it in the tone of his voice.

Oh come off it Darrel. That might have flown before the government started running car companies, banks, and health insurance companies. Must we wait until the government is running everything before we can say Socialism?

Regarding Tea Parties, I suggest you actually attend one. You don't have to protest or get into any political discussions. But do go and simply talk to the people there about everyday stuff, you will find they are just like you but are concerned that their children won't have a bright future because of debt and irresponsible governing.

Yes you may find a kook or two there, but that exists in all protest. For the most part though they are just everyday folks. Don't allow yourself to become a tool by listening to the slanted picture the media paints. Learn for yourself.

Clifton B said...

Janelle:

I only deluded myself for about the first two weeks of his presidency in order to keep myself from thinking the worst. After the GM and Chrysler takeovers, my eyes remain wide open.

Related Posts with Thumbnails