Sunday, March 14, 2010

Rest In Peace: Peter Graves


Peter Graves, the famous Jim Phelps from the original Mission Impossible died today at the age of 83.  He died at his Pacific Palisades home shortly after returning from brunch with his family.

I a young boy, I remember watching Mission Impossible. It was one of the few “grown up” shows we were all allowed to watch. My siblings and I use to get a big kick out of those self-destructing messages and nobody will ever forget the show’s theme song.

Rest in peace Peter Graves, the world will miss you.

6 comments:

contento said...

Ahhh, CB. Thanks. You remember MI. I remember Fury.
Such is the difference in age, yes?

Theme song:
Fury, Fury, smartest stallion anywhere,
Fury, Fury, when I need you, you're right there.
Every time I call you,
I hear your call replying,
Then you gallop straight to me,
With mane and tail a'flying....

Ha. Better times behind usCB.
Better times ahead.
RIP to both of the Graves brothers.

49er16 said...

He was also Captain Clarence Oveur in 'Airplane'.

RIP Peter Graves

Anonymous said...

MI, the Man from U.N.C.L.E. and the early Bond films got me interested in spy, espionage and covert ops type stories. I'll miss Peter Graves, may he rest in peace.

Clifton B said...

contento:

Nothing beats Old School, my friend!

Clifton B said...

49er16:

I remember the Airplane series too. The youngin's all know that. But us old schoolers will always remember Graves for MI.

Clifton B said...

Anonymous:

You remember the Man From U.N.C.L.E? We must be the same age.

Related Posts with Thumbnails