Sunday, March 14, 2010

Counting chickens before they hatch, Gibbs says ObamaCare will be law of the land next Sunday


I am not sure if Obama’s Pillsbury Doughboy Robert Gibbs is deliberately trying to work America’s last good nerve or is he just a damn fool and an idiot. I will let you decide: 
"We'll have the votes when the House votes, I think, within the next week," Gibbs said on "Fox News Sunday." 
Gibbs added that those on next week's Sunday talk shows "will be talking about healthcare not as a presidential proposal but I think as the law of the land."

We believe healthcare reform is going to pass, and once it passes we're happy to have the 2010 elections be about the achievement of healthcare reform," Gibbs said. 
Perhaps the answer is a little bit of both.  Just today Politics Daily notes that Democrats admit they do not have the votes yet.

I don’t know about you, but doesn’t all this blustering about how health care is going to pass this week sounds like past epic fails from this administration? Think about it, Obama has postponed his trip to Indonesia to be here for the “historic” passage. Isn’t this the same as Obama swooping in at the last minute for the Olympics or the Global Warming summit?

Hopefully, God will once again show he has a wicked sense of humor and provide the arrogant likes of Gibss and his ilk with another blistering epic failure.  Let’s all say a little prayer.

10 comments:

Fuzzy Slippers said...

It's a classic liberal ploy: deflate the opposition by positing the [election, bill, fill in the blank] as a done deal. Result: people back down, don't vote, don't march, don't make their voice heard.

Trouble with this is that we are onto them, and no one among the loyal opposition is backing off or down. This is about AMERICA as we know and love her; do they honestly believe this crap will stop us? Hmph!

Just a conservative girl said...

I wish that I was as optimistic as you seem to be. I think he is right that it is going to pass. Which beyond the obvious issue, it will then cause a constitutional crisis. If this does indeed pass, we will end up seeing the Supreme Court getting involved; it is going to get ugly.

Are you coming down to DC on Tuesday? If so, I will send you my text number so we can meet up if you would like. I know the House Buildings really well now.

trinity said...

I am hoping this administration is going to be eating a lot of crow, when this is all said and done. It was very foolish of Gibbs to have made such a proclamation.

I have been praying with all my might that this bill is defeated, and if my and all of our prayers are answered, that is going to be one heck of a daily briefing the day after.

Clifton B said...

Fuzzy Slippers:

I got the same feeling, that we are being told all this inevitable jazz, so that we will just resign ourselves to the changes. Sorry not this time!

Clifton B said...

Just a conservative girl:

Honestly I think they are getting very close to getting the votes. However, I believe that the numbers will be shaky as hell. Just one or two House members changing their mind at the last minute and the whole house of card will crumble.

The problem will then be the immediate push for ObamaCare 3.0

Clifton B said...

trinity:

I am joining my prayers with yours. I must admit, I originally wanted this bill to fail because it is so amazingly bad for the country. Now I want it to fail just to wipe the arrogant smugness off their faces.

beachrat said...

I keep thinking of Baghdad Bob: "There are no Americans in Baghdad!"

I hope this Bob has no more connection with reality than that one.

Clifton B said...

beachrat:

Baghdad Bob is a perfect description for Gibbs. Come to think of it, it works for Christine Romer too!

Clifton B said...

Just a conservative girl:

I am trying to clear up my schedule on Tuesday. I will have a better idea if I can make it tomorrow. Cross your fingers!

Anonymous said...

Although I'm posting as "annoymous" my nic is realwest.
Whether or not the Health Care Insurance Reform and Student Loan Bill becomes law seems to me to be extraordinarily unlikely. Too many members of the House will NOT vote for it barring changes FIRST made by the Senate. The distrust among Democrats in the House and in the Senate is INCREDIBLE. That's why The Slaughter Solution (whereby the House passes a RULE which DEEMS that the Senate bill has been passed and therefor the House Dems have only to vote for the "rule" not the bill itself would enable Blue Dog Dems to say they didn't vote for the Senate Version,they only voted for a rule, is tissue thin at best. and absoluely unconstitutional under Article I, Section 7 of the Constitution. And IF it passes,those lucky enough to have to pay taxes (i.e, are employed at a decent salary) will have to pay MORE taxes NOW and those poor elderly and disabled on Medicare will see their benefits CUT NOW and their premiums RISE NOW, BUT no one will recieve any benefits for FOUR YEARS.
And four years is two congressional elections, about 50 Senate Elecions and of course the WH election BEFORE ANY "BENEFITS" kick in for those who can't afford to pay for health care insurance.

Related Posts with Thumbnails