Saturday, March 27, 2010

Forget about Earth Hour! How about The Truth Hour?


The World Wild Life Fund has this to say on their website about Earth Hour. 
On Earth Hour hundreds of millions of people around the world will come together to call for action on climate change by doing something quite simple—turning off their lights for one hour. The movement symbolizes that by working together, each of us can make a positive impact in this fight, protecting our future and that of future generations... 
Yeah right, just more collectivist BS. The idea that these folks are acting like Climategate did not happen or that the IPCC reports aren’t shot full of wholes is amazing. It is almost like some daffy parent still trying to sell Santa Claus to their teenage children. In just the last year man made global warming is looking more like a global scam than a global crisis.

I have a better idea, instead of turning off our lights like a bunch of cave dwellers; I say turn on all your lights! Heck, break out the Christmas lights too! We can make our own statement, lets demand for one hour that our world leaders actually start telling us the truth. Tell us the truth about Climate Change, the economy, national security or any other topic where the truth has been in short supply.

So forget Earth Hour and man made global warming! Up with the Truth Hour!

Via: WWF
Via: Reuters

17 comments:

Just a conservative girl said...

There is no Santa Claus?

trinity said...

I was thinking about leaving all the lights on, too. It would really make a statement, if everyone on the entire street or even in the neighborhood could turn all their lights on.

The global warming fanatics will never give up. They are like a dog with a bone. There is too much money to be made from it...just ask Al Gore.

Anonymous said...

I agree. Leave your spinklers running, your lights on, your car engine purring in the garage, your air conditioning up full blast. Run your heater at the same time...turn it on.
Dump your engine oil down the toilet and empty you used paint cans in the sink.
That will really enrage those environmentalist who think the world needs to be protected.

Diana said...

I'll be turning ON every light in my house...maybe I'll hose down the sidewalks for good measure :-)

Angie Lee said...

It's 8:25 pm and we're all ablaze...

sarainitaly said...

i was wondering if the lights out deal costs power companies some major moolah? i wouldn't think it was the best time to hit companies in the wallet...

does anyone know?

sarainitaly said...

I found this - doesn't look like it mattered in California.

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2009/03/29/earth-hour-in-california-success-or-bust-the-caiso-power-graph-tells-the-story/

Clifton B said...

JACG:

Oops! I wanted to break it to you gently.

Clifton B said...

trinity:

You are right about the money. There must be at least a trillion invested worldwide on this scam.

I did my part today. Lit the house up and since I had to shoot some products today, I used my old Hot Lights for an extra kicker. PSE&G is going to love me! Hey, I think I may have stimulated a sector of the economy all by myself!

Clifton B said...

Anonymous:

Any Greenie Wienies reading your comment is sure to have a heart attack.

Clifton B said...

Diana:

That a gal! We will show them we are not buying any of their bunk.

Clifton B said...

Angie Lee:

You are such a good trooper! I had my house a blaze for most of the night.

Clifton B said...

American Girl:

I am not sure if a decrease in power consumption costs utility companies more. However, that graph you found is excellent. There was not difference in power usage from Earth Hour than the same time the next day. Even California doesn't abide by Earth Hour. Next year lets really spike that sucker.

Angie Lee said...

Heck yeah, I am! I lurves me some 100 watt incandescent bulbs!!!

And I didn't go to bed until almost 2 am.

spc said...

lol @ all the ideas in here.

I hate to admit that I do stupid little things whenever I see a Prius. My 6 liter engine gets a taste of 1st, 2nd, 3rd (a little 4th from time to time to kick it up a notch) gears at the next on ramp just to make sure I offset their carbon offset of their carbon footprint.

Clifton B said...

Angie Lee:

Burn baby, burn!

Clifton B said...

Ozzie:

I too admit I am a wee bit spiteful too. I cannot tell you how many times I deliberately hide un-recyclable things in the recycle bin.

Related Posts with Thumbnails