Monday, March 22, 2010

Bart Stupak called “baby killer” by someone on the House floor

From Fox News: […]Rep. Bart Stupak of Michigan, who had fought for tough language barring federal subsidies for abortion coverage, denounced the Republican move, saying it was nothing more than an attempt to deny 32 million Americans health care. From the Republican side a voice shouted, "Baby killer!"
It was not immediately clear who had called out the epithet.
Boo friggin’ hoo! I could not care less who called Stupak a baby killer. Bart Stupak was lying all along about his support for life. He was always interested in passing health care reform first and abortion was second, if not a distant third behind whatever payoff he received. Saying an Executive Order, which can be rescinded at anytime, is enough to safeguard the unborn is absolute nonsense.  Too bad someone did not call him a LIAR too!


UPDATE: Video added



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Honestly I wasn't really worried about it myself, there wasn't much the Republicans could do to stop it thanks to the Bush administration gutting the number of seats we held. Politicians only hold out in these decisions in order to get themselves a bigger piece of the pie, case in point: Bart Stupak. Which direction they would ultimately choose to vote was never in question. I'm actually surprised it was as close as it was.

Paul Ryan 4 Prez in '12

Just a conservative girl said...

Ok, I'll call him one. LIAR.

Anoy. is right. I was down at the Capitol last night and I needed to use the ladies room. When I was walking out, I saw Congressman Paul in his office and stopped in.

He told me that the US is committing suicide and there was no way it wouldn't pass regardless of which one said this and that.

I wanted to hear what he would have to say about what is next, but he had to leave to go and vote.

Clifton B said...

Anonymous:

Pinning hopes on Stupak was a dumb idea for the right. Abortion really isn't as important to Democrats as it is to Republicans.

Clifton B said...

Just A Conservative Girl:

I wish I lived as close to the Capitol as you do. They would get so tired of seeing me.

Just a conservative girl said...

Cliff:
That is the reason I go, because you can't.

I live 20 minutes away, what type of conservative would I really be if I didn't show up? I can't let this happen without knowing that I did everything possible to stop it, and with the majority they have the reality is all we can do is slow things down enough that he can't ram down everything before January.

Did you see my photo of Jesse Jackson. What a jerk.

Clifton B said...

JACG:

That is the reason I go, because you can't.

You are the best substitute anyone could ever ask for!

I saw the picture of Jesse. Question, were you there for the alleged racial and gay slur remarks? If so, was there a mixed crowd (left and right)that day too?

Related Posts with Thumbnails