Saturday, July 4, 2009

Colin Powell gets a clue!


(h/t The Other McCain, via The Washington Times)

"I'm concerned at the number of programs that are being presented, the bills associated with these programs and the additional government that will be needed to execute them," Mr. Powell said in an excerpt of an interview with CNN's John King, released by the network Friday morning.

Memo to Colin: That’s what you get when you put the color of someone’s skin over the content of his character.

If all Barack Obama had to do for the next four years was to be black, I would have voted for him too. Regardless of what color the president is, it is the polices he is pushing that matters most. Sadly, Powell is waking up to this simple fact way too late.

Powell can now add himself to the list of disillusioned (read duped) Republicans. For the life of me, I cannot understand how any of them could have been fooled. All throughout the campaign, all of Obama’s solutions came with price tags and more government. Not once did he offer a free market solution to anything. What did they think, all of this Hope and Change was going to be for free?

At any rate, I hope Powell will have the good enough sense to shut up from now on when someone asks him about what to do with the Republican Party. If he doesn’t, he is going to have to hear a big fat I TOLD YOU SO, from every corner of the right.

PS. Powell is still coming off my logo! I am working on a new and bigger one and toying with changing the layout of my blog.

12 comments:

Reaganite Republican said...

Honestly Clifford, I thought "great blog, but he ought to get rid of that Powell picture") That is good news- lol

Looks to me like puzzling Obama supporters like Powell and Warren Buffet are now hedging their bets in a hurry, they finally see the writing on the wall-

I couldn't prove last year that Obama was lying while pretending to be "post partisan" and would revert to the beliefs of his more radical past... and some supposedly smart people fell for his crap.

But when the guy won't answer questions, changes his story without missing a beat, and has a background of doing bad things with bad people (Daly, Blago, Rezko)- a thinking person should find this unsettling, not just go "oh well, he seems like a cool guy, and everybody else likes him..."

And that is a good question re. why nominal Republican Powell ever voted for Obama in the first place- his policies go against almost everything the GOP stands for.

And when was the last time Powell endorsed an inexperienced, liberal white candidate?

No Sheeples Here! said...

Clifton,

I was going to create a graphic which I was going to name "Colin Cleanse" but your idea is great. You got props from Smitty over at The Other McCain.

I hope you and yours have a happy, healthy and SAFE Fourth.

Take care.

Stogie said...

I've added you to my blogroll. Great site!

Deuce Geary said...

Great site. I'm now following, you're on my blogroll, and I just quoted from and linked to this post, which is excellent (but you might want to fix the spelling of the president's first name).

The Conservative Lady said...

Clifton,
Great post. Maybe you should have a contest for your Colin Powell replacement. Here's someone to consider: Walter Williams

http://www.gmu.edu/departments/economics/wew/

Clifton B said...

RR:

I do have to hurry up with the new logo and ditch Powell, he is screwing up my conservative street cred, LOL.

Many of these so called intellectuals who got duped by Obama are all going to come around sooner or later. However, we mere peons must do our duty to remind them constantly that WE were right and THEY were wrong.

Clifton B said...

No Sheeples:

Thanks, you should still do the Coin Cleanser, it sounds hillarious! BTW: HUGE No Sheeples Here fan! When I grow up, I want to Photoshop as good as you!

Clifton B said...

Stogie:

Thanks and welcome to ABC!

Clifton B said...

Deuce Geary:

Thanks and welcome to ABC! YIKES a typo. Blogging at 3:30 AM is never a good idea, LOL. Thanks for the heads up.

Clifton B said...

TCL:

GMTA, I already did and guess what?
Walter Williams won ;-)

The Conservative Lady said...

Good choice!

Euripides said...

I love the photo of Powell. I thought he kind mentally slipped during the past few years and wondered where his brain had gone. Good to see him start thinking again.

Related Posts with Thumbnails