Oh, what a difference a day makes. Yesterday, it looked like Murbarak was on a collision course with the people of Egypt. Today, Egyptians are dancing in the streets after Murbarak resigned and passed control to the military.
A marvelous opportunity for true freedom and democracy has open up before Egypt. Should sufficient time pass for political parties to develop and the Egyptian people shun extremist religious parties like the Muslim Brotherhood, Egypt could very well develop into another Middle East democracy.
No doubt Egypt will inspire others in the region. I would not be the least surprised if we get to witness several more revolts in the coming months. Hopefully none of them will lead to Islamic extremists coming to power. Fingers crossed.
Via: Memeorandum
Via: The New York Times
What I Did on September 11, 2001
-
What I did on September 11, 2001 By Christie Wagner My first memories of
life are of NEW YORK CITY which I consider my hometown although my parents
and I w...
4 weeks ago


No comments:
Post a Comment