Thursday, February 18, 2010

UPDATED: 5 Muslim soldiers attempted to poison Ft. Jackson food supply

This story is just breaking today, but it appears that 5 Muslim soldiers, who were part of the Arabic Translation program, were arrested back in December for trying to poison the food supply at Fort Jackson. 
CBN News has learned exclusively that five Muslim soldiers at Fort Jackson in South Carolina were arrested just before Christmas. It is unclear whether the men are still in custody. The five were part of the Arabic Translation program at the base.
The men are suspected of trying to poison the food supply at Fort Jackson.
A source with intimate knowledge of the investigation, which is ongoing, told CBN News investigators suspect the "Fort Jackson Five" may have been in contact with the group of five Washington, DC area Muslims that traveled to Pakistan to wage jihad against U.S. troops in December. That group was arrested by Pakistani authorities, also just before Christmas.
Coming as it does on the heels of November's Fort Hood jihadist massacre, this news has major implications.
OK, I might as well skip the PC nonsense and be blunt. Since we are at war with radical Islam, how about we do some good old fashion racial profiling in the military?  After Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan's shooting spree at Fort Hood, one would have thought the military would have dropped the political correctness and started to get some deep background checks on all Islamic soldiers.
Yes, I know it is unfair, but radical Islamic extremist count on our political correctness to hide in plain sight. Look at Hasan, the man was walking around with a big fat neon sign saying “I hate America” and our silly political correctness blinded us to the obvious.

I am sure we will be hearing a lot more about this story in the coming days.

UPDATE: False?

There seems to be several conflicting stories here. First, Fox News seems to match the CBN story and is still up on their site. Commenter, Truth Teller brings this story from The State to my attention:
A local law enforcement official familiar with the reports who insisted on anonymity said Thursday that there was no attempt made to poison any soldiers, adding a rumor started when several disgruntled soldiers shot their mouths off late last year.
There was never any threat, nothing credible, he insisted.

The investigation was first reported by Fox News.
The Christian Broadcasting Network and Fox News reported that five suspects were detained in December and were part of an Arabic translation program called "09 Lima." According to an article in the Army Times, "The 09 Lima program puts native speakers of Arabic, Dari, Pashtu, Farsi or Kurdish in uniform to serve alongside troops in combat."
Garver said he could not release any specifics of the investigation by the Army's Criminal Investigative Service to protect its integrity.
"I can say that, according to CID spokespersons, they have not found any credible information to substantiate the allegations," Garver, who's based at the Pentagon, said in an e-mail.
He said he is unaware of any arrests made in the investigation. [MORE]

Via: CBN News
Via: Fox News
Via: The State


Truth Teller said...

It seems to be just a rumor.

Anonymous said...

Look at the title to this post, and then the updated conclusion. You have made yourself into the lowest form of rumor-mongerer. Blatantly asserting to the world that something happened when it did not in fact happen. Blaming people for doing something that they apparently did not do.

"Do no evil" - it is a pretty good slogan, and you have violated that. And done so because you placed your faith in CBN and Fox. Maybe you should think about that too.
Raise your game.

Clifton B said...


I disagree. When I made this post, there was only the original story from CBN on Memeorandum. Then came the Fox story. Before I went to bed, a commenter pointed me to the story at The State. I checked back with the CBN story and the Fox story, neither changed their reports. So, I updated with the story at The State and leave it to the readers to decide.

If I were being intellectually dishonest or "rumor mongering" as you so put it, I would have left out the story from The State completely.

Does my opinion change regarding Political Correctness? No. Political Correctness confines our thoughts, speech and actions under the guise of sparing people offense.

Clifton B said...

Truth Teller:

Thanks for the heads up.

Truth Teller said...

Consider the source but here is something that might make you do another update:

Also note the one unnamed source.

Maggie Thornton said...

From what I have read, two U.S. Army spokesmen have lent their names to this report, and then there are several unnamed government sources - which is not unusual.

The statement that there is no "credible evidence" does not mean that the investigation itself is not "credible." Obviously, there was enough to start an investigation two months ago, and according to Chris Gray, the investigation is still "open and continuing."

Fortunately, some incident spurred the investigation, and whatever was going on, didn't happen.

In this case, "no credible evidence" did not stop the "open and continuing" investigation.

Today it was announced that three of the 5 men have been cleared. Two are still being investigated.

There was clearly something going on, and perhaps it was stopped before it could happen.

Related Posts with Thumbnails