Major thanks to Stogie at Saber Point for designing my new logo. It reminds me so much of the old one but much bolder. Now I can make good on my promise to rid my blog of turncoat Colin Powell and add the much requested Walter Williams.
Clifton, thanks so much for the acknowledgement. We had fun, didn't we, staying up until dawn (for you anyway, on the East Coast)trying one logo then tweaking it a bit, until finally we got the right one.
The logo was your vision and ideas; all I did was help you put it together...and it does look great.
I cannot thank you enough for the new logo. I did not mind staying up late helping to get it done. Heck have you seen what times I make blog posts? LOL
Hey Steve, thank for the compliment. Actually my old logo had more people on it. There are tons of black conservatives I could have used. But I did need my favorites, King, Sowell and Rice. Actually there would never be a banner without Condi Rice ;-)
I am a black conservative from a black conservative family. I was born and raised in Brooklyn, New York and finally settled in New Jersey. Throughout my life I knew I did not share many of the common beliefs of other American blacks.
For starters, I never took to the term African-American. I have meet too many real Africans who are now Americans, to ever with a straight face say we share something in common other than skin tones. Their history and culture is truly a unique and is a completely different experience from my own. My culture is distinctly American, from the way I speak, think, dress and act and you know what else? I love it! So for me, I will always be an American who just happens to be black.
I put myself and my beliefs out here in cyberspace, to show my fellow blacks that there is something more. That one need not accept the false promise of the next social program, the belief in government as savior or the next Democratic candidate will right all wrongs. That true Hope and Change comes from belief in yourself, in a nation that allows dynamic movement if you are bold enough, smart enough and brave enough to make it happen.
8 comments:
Glad to see Walter Williams has finally made it on your logo. It looks great.
TCL:
Yes Walt Williams in on the logo, my readers demand and I deliver! Stogie did an outstanding job!
Clifton, thanks so much for the acknowledgement. We had fun, didn't we, staying up until dawn (for you anyway, on the East Coast)trying one logo then tweaking it a bit, until finally we got the right one.
The logo was your vision and ideas; all I did was help you put it together...and it does look great.
I would like to see George Washington Carver and Booker T. Washington up there, too. (I'm not a DuBois fan, however.)
(And my all time sports hero, Hank Aaron, too, but I figure that's outside of this blog's scope.)
Clifton B,
You have a great blog going here. I'll sure be visiting almost every day. Keep up the good work.
Clifton,
Your collaboration with Stogie on your new banner is terrific. Everybody loves a sharp-dressed blog.
Keep up the good work!
Stogie:
I cannot thank you enough for the new logo. I did not mind staying up late helping to get it done. Heck have you seen what times I make blog posts? LOL
Steve Burri:
Hey Steve, thank for the compliment. Actually my old logo had more people on it. There are tons of black conservatives I could have used. But I did need my favorites, King, Sowell and Rice. Actually there would never be a banner without Condi Rice ;-)
No Sheeples Here!
Thanks No Sheelples, I am a big fan of your blog and Photoshoppery!
Post a Comment