Saturday, August 29, 2009

Another Black Conservative's FMJRA for 08/29/09


Welcome to another weekly installment of Another Black Conservative’s Full Metal Jacket Reach Around (see Rule 2). As always we start out with those bloggers who have shown some Linky Love to Another Black Conservative:

Reaganite Republican Resistance writes about the emerging consensus that Democrats are doomed and links to my post about Obama’s All Wee Weed Up statement.

The Lighthouse Patriot reaches back into ABC’s archives to link Rick Perry’s willingness to stand on 10th Amendment rights to oppose ObamaCare.

We have video hat tips from According to Nikki for the Stossel video on health care reform and We Rush Daily for the Trust Common Sense ad.

The demise of Glenn Beck has been greatly exaggerated, because everyone was linking to Beck posts. We have The Conservative Lady, The Wisdom of Solomon and Booker Rising all linking to Beck Fights Back.

Oh, by the way, go take a peek at The Other McCain and see who has the Full Metal Jacket Reach Around Award today, looks familiar? :-D

This Week’s Must Reads

I found a lot of interesting items on my blog roll this week. First we have The Conservative Lady again. She has both a post on the race card and the complete Glenn Beck series. So if you missed an episode of Glenn this week, The Conservative Lady is the place to go to catch up.

Gary Jackson over at A Time For Choosing will enlighten you on the whole Jeff Jones Weather Underground/ Obama connection. The perfect follow up if you have been following Beck this week.

Over at Elohssanatahv we are reminded about that Afghan girl with the haunting eyes and pointed to a very old blog from that time.

The Working Class Conservative gives us an answer to that age-old question “Where did all the anti war protesters go”?

How about a little political tarot and astrology? Perennis gives us some tarot on Obama and Psychic and the City has an audio clip from ace astrologer Archie Dunlop on Obama.

From my fellow black conservatives we have two must-reads. First is from The Black Sphere. Kevin Jackson gives us his musings on ObamaCare and religion. Meanwhile over at Digital Publius gives us the meaning of Uncle Tom and Sambo.

The New Additions

Here are some new blogs I found that I would like to share with all of you. Hope they become your favorites too.

It Doesn’t Make Sense

M Conservative Operative

One’s Observations

Conservative Congruence

This concludes this week’s reach around. Hope you enjoyed and found something you liked. As always, think about getting Technorati for your blogs, it makes tracking links oh so much easier!

16 comments:

Reaganite Republican said...

" When someone does you a favor,
find an opportunity to return the kindness."

FYI, linked you today-

I'll be on vacation this week... and the wife
has (wisely) banned the laptop, LOL- so talk to you soon.


http://reaganiterepublicanresistance.blogspot.com/2009/08/full-metal-jacket-wrap-around-saturday.html


James

The Reaganite Republican

Steve Burri said...

Clifton B,

Thanks for linking the article by Kevin Jackson. Excellent.

And Digital Publius' Of Toms and Sambos is truly remarkable. He used a single word in there that really struck me; extant. He was primarily referring to what little of value still existed in Detroit, but the whole article expanded that reference to the whole country and particularly its valuables that remain in our culture.

I am compelled to find and read Uncle Tom's Cabin.

It is ironic that Malcolm X is credited with starting the meme that Uncle Tom was a wimpy betrayer. Didn't Malcolm X change his tune later in life and was killed by those whose ideas he was now rejecting and trying to escape?

Thanks again for those links.

Gary said...

Cliff, Thanks for the shout out about my blog on Jeff Jones and the other radicals involved with Obama.

Much appreciated!

@eloh said...

Thanks, I haven't touched on the here and now much. I mostly run a crumby little blog of low brow humor. Periodic serious entries, just to keep folks on their toes.

I thought about it and I realized now is not the time to sit on our hands and keep our mouths shut. It's going to get dangerous out there fast, really fast.

It was very hard to find a blog (politically/morally) that I felt was going to understand my views or that I could agree with most of the time.

I feel the need topoint out the obvious...there are some scarey blogs out there.

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

I just found your blog.

Thank you for being here! You are doing us a service. And I will pass your blog link on.

I'm an older blogger, who got burnt out on "political discussion." And retreated to "pretty blog" status. And here I sit. Still mad as hell. But my blood pressure won't let me vent.

Thank you for what you are doing!!!!!!! Thank you times a million.

Gentle hugs,
'Aunt Amelia'

Editor said...

Great blog! Great links! You might want to check out this article as well fellow Conservatives.


http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/2094271/7_reasons_why_the_republican_party.html?cat=9

Nikki said...

Thanks for the love...the clip was a big hit! :)N

The Conservative Lady said...

Clifton:
Thanks for the mention...not only once, but twice. Your blog is one I always look forward to reading. Keep up the good work.

Clifton B said...

RRR:

Much thanks for the linkage, you and the Mrs. have an awesome time. See you next week.

Clifton B said...

Steve Burri:

I am glad you liked the posts I pointed you to. Publius has some excellent pieces, I often wish he/she blogged more often.

How did you get though school without reading Uncle Tom's Cabin?

You are correct about Malcolm X. If my memory serves me correct I believe that it was Malcolm's change that caused the riff between him and Elijah Muhammed.

Clifton B said...

Gary:

No sweat, in these times your post is like required reading.

Clifton B said...

@eloh:

You run a fine blog. I myself am not above low brow humor. BTW, have I got a blog for you:
http://effingconservatives.blogspot.com/
Yes these are some scary times, and sharing info in crucial. You had better believe there are some scary blogs out there.

Clifton B said...

Auntie Amelia:

Welcome to ABC! I am glad you like the blog. Thanks for sharing my link too, please come back often and bring your friends!

Clifton B said...

Mr. K:

Thank and welcome to ABC! The article is a good read, but I would add reason #8 Democrats have shown revealed their disdain for the American people.

Clifton B said...

Nikki:

You are always welcome, Nikki. I glad it worked for your readers.

Clifton B said...

TCL:

You are welcome, your blog ran away with it this week, so many good things for me to choose from.

Related Posts with Thumbnails