Thursday, June 9, 2011

KA-BOOM! Newt 2012 implodes- senior aides resign enmass

Talk about a vote of no confidence.
Politico: Newt Gingrich’s top staff quit en masse Thursday, throwing into question whether his already troubled presidential campaign can continue.
Two sources close to the situation confirmed that campaign manager Rob Johnson, strategists Sam Dawson and Dave Carney, spokesman Rick Tyler, and consultants Katon Dawson in South Carolina and Craig Schoenfeld in Iowa have all quit to protest what one called a "different vision" for the campaign.
The sources said Gingrich was staying in the race.
The mass resignation was, one source said, “a team decision.”
Politico also points out that Newt's cruise to the Greek Isles, played a role. I think these guys simply realized that Newt simply could not wash away the stench of loser. Hot Air points out that Dave Carney may smell a winner in Rick Perry.

The Right Scoop points out that Team Newt's implosion is contagious and has spread to the Iowa team too.

Newt is determined to fight on, but I really don't see much reason why. This is now the umpteenth major debacle since Newt announced and we haven't even had a single primary yet. If I were Newt, I would go back to Fox News and quietly beg for my job back.

Via: Memeorandum
Via:
Politico
Via: The Right Scoop
Via: Hot Air

4 comments:

Kartman said...

Newt never had a chance. I hope that he quits. All the good things that he has done for the conservative cause over the years can be erased by continuing.

Just a conservative girl said...

Newt and I live in the same town. He is a nice man and his wife is lovely. They seem to be a very doting couple. I think they should stay that way.

Hey, at least this time around he is putting his family before country!!!

Clifton B said...

Kartman:

I agree, pushing forward could spell the end of Newt once and for all.

Clifton B said...

JACG:

You have not idea how jealous I am that you are so close to the action. I do love all your inside scoops, keep them coming.

Related Posts with Thumbnails