Friday, November 19, 2010

MSNBC suspends Joe Scarborough


Politico: MSNBC said Friday that it is suspending “Morning Joe” co-host Joe Scarborough for two days after he acknowledged giving eight previously unknown $500 contributions to friends and family members running for state and local offices during his tenure at the network, a violation of parent NBC’s ban on political contributions by employees without specific permission from the network president.
“I recognize that I have a responsibility to honor the guidelines and conditions of my employment, and I regret that I failed to do so in this matter,” Scarborough said in a statement. “I apologize to MSNBC and to anyone who has been negatively affected by my actions,” he said, adding that after he was made aware of some of the contributions, he called MSNBC President Phil Griffin “and agreed with Phil's immediate demand of a two-day suspension without pay.” [MORE]
This seems fair enough to me.  If Keith Olbermann had to take a two day break so should Scarborough or anyone else who violated the policy.  However, I still think MSNBC should rethink that policy.  Both Olbermann and Scarborough are not reporters, they are partisan commentators. Everyone knows their political leanings, so why all the fuss about donations?

I wonder when Chris Matthews and Rachel Maddow will get their two day unpaid vacations?

1 comment:

Steverino said...

Two days unpaid? For most people, that's called Saturday and Sunday

Related Posts with Thumbnails