Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Obama’s Press Conference on the Midterm Elections


I just got through watching Obama’s press conference on the results of the midterm elections. CSPAN has the full video here.  In short, I am not convinced he heard the message loud and clear (if at all).

First what is this nonsense about the American people want Democrats and Republicans to work together?  Scores of Republicans and a few Democrats were elected last night because they ran in complete defiance to the Obama/ Pelosi/ Reid agenda. That doesn’t sound like a cry for bipartisanship to me. It does sound like a wholesale rejection of the very policies Obama pushed.

All of Obama’s talk of working with Republicans sounded just like all the empty rhetoric we have heard over the last two years.  From the Q and A portion, I got the distinct feeling that Obama will continue to do what he has been doing. That is to make a half ass effort to embrace tiny aspects of the conservative agenda and try to pawn that off as bipartisanship. 

Even while admitting that he and the Dems took a “shellacking”, Obama continued to reject the notion that his policies are a complete loser with the American people.  As the full scope of Dem losses set in and the inevitable Dem infighting begins, perhaps Obama will realize the need to change course.  From what I saw today, I have to say I have my doubts.

Via: CSPAN

5 comments:

Quite Rightly said...

Obama has has 2 years to make his attitude clear: We are supposed to listen to him, not the other way around.

OBIT2010 said...

I am sick of hereing about bi-partisanship and compromise! You just don't compromise truth or princible! If they work together,let it be something thats going to help, not hurt, the american people!

OBIT2010 said...

One more thing!
Let us pray that this new Congress will do what is RIGHT and not what is politically correct or what they think will win them another election!

The Vegas Art Guy said...

He heard, he just does not care. He won so STFU...

Watch the lame duck session to see what I mean...

Janelle said...

Yawn, more of the same tired bilge water from Oboy. I think I understand why he was so careful to only vote present. Partial birth abortion really might have been the only legislation he actually understood. You think he froze all his records out of modesty? Not hardly.

Related Posts with Thumbnails