Sunday, January 24, 2010

A mea culpa from a Hope Dope



Now that the Massachusetts special election has started opening a few eyes, I suppose we will be getting a steady stream of these apologies. Today in Real Clear Politics, self confessed Hope Dope, writer and former small business owner Jill Dobson, pens her mea culpa for her 2008 vote for Obama.

Ms. Dobson, appears to blame her stupidity on John McCain’s selection of Sarah Palin as vice president. She cites Palin as one of the decade’s great disasters. 
I am a registered Independent. I voted for Barack Obama. And for that, I am sorry.
I'm not sorry for you. I'm sorry for me. Because I voted for Obama for me, not for you. I voted for hope and change and all the intangibles that Obama was peddling in the wake of the financial crisis, Sarah Palin, Sept. 11 and all the other ills that shook our country in the last decade. I wanted something new. Something different. What I got was, I suppose, exactly what I voted for - a spin doctor. And not a very good one at that.
Before John McCain unwittingly picked a tabloid-magazine cover girl for his running mate, I was leaning toward going Republican this time around. I did the second time Bush was on the ballot and I very nearly did the first time, too. But as soon as Palin climbed out of her igloo and onto the national scene, well, there was no turning back for me.
You see, I felt my choice was to risk McCain dropping dead and letting the world's most well-known hockey mom run this country, or to believe that Obama would surround himself with educated people and that he was smart enough to take their advice.
I was right. He is smart enough to seek counsel. I'm just outraged at the counsel he's seeking these days. Key financial leaders who are tax cheats come immediately to mind, but as the recent terror attack made clear to me, the idea that a president of the most powerful nation in the world could think it was OK to have a Homeland Security chief with such a loose grasp of what terrorism is and how it works is troubling.
[Read the whole thing here]

Well, Ms. Dobson, apology not accepted. Instead I offer you a big fat “F*ck you”! Your colossal stupidity has doomed millions of Americans, who were ten times smarter than you, to the same fate of unemployment you now endure. You and your ilk run around pretending you are the smartest things on two feet, yet you could not see a dime store con artist standing right before you!

You knock Sarah Palin as being a dumb soccer mom, but had you had three functioning brain cells, you would have noticed that Sarah Palin predicted exactly what Obama was going to be all about during her convention speech.  How is it a supposed mental giant like you could not plainly see what poor rube Sarah Palin figured out in 5 seconds flat?

Judging from the way you close your sorry ass apology, I am convinced that the next charlatan dangling the shiny object of Hope and Change will once again reel you in hook, line and sinker.

Now take your snarky faux apology and get your dumb ass to the back of the bus! We The People have some work to do trying to figure a way out of the hot mess your Hope n’ Change binge brought us to.

20 comments:

Janelle said...

Guess she didn't look at the man's voting record, which appears to be the only thing about him not under lock and key. What is up with that anyway? All records frozen.....as proud of himself as he is, why isn't he releasing every detail about his accomplishments?

ArthurRex12 said...

Wow. You sure gave her what for, LCR. And to think I was about to feel sorry for her and accept her apology myself, but you turned out to be right on. If she was so damn smart, she'd have seen through Obama's snake oil from the get-go, as many of us did. And now "I'm sorry" is supposed to make it all better? Nice try, lady.

Soloman said...

Great rebuttal, Cliff. I started thinking it as I read it, and there you had written it as if you read my mind.

What a mental midget. Talk about some serious issues with understanding what real America is all about!

BTW - In case you missed it, Palin put up a great post of Facebook today. I posted it if you're interested.

Take care...

contento said...

Thanks, CB. I'm thinking some Brenda Lee is in order this evening.

http://tented.blogspot.com/2010/01/im-sorry-brenda-lee-jill-dorsalfin.html

moon816 said...

thanks cliff!

Blaming Palin for her stupid decision to vote for O is unbelievable. She's a journalist, you tell me you can't find 5 mins of your time researching and comparing Palin's record vs Obama's? pls..

The Conservative Lady said...

Bravo! I had someone tell me that they were sorry for voting for Obama...and she even admitted I had warned her before hand. I bit my tongue...she was cutting my hair at the time and I didn't think calling her a "dumb ass" while she had scissors in her hand was very prudent. But I sure thought it.

Ron B said...

As a former small business owner would she had hired this guy (B-Rock) for her business. His resume was lacking achievement from the start yet she seeks to blame McCain for adding Palin to the ticket. The man is always seeking to pad his resume without ever achieving what was set out for the job. Within 2 years of a senate term he decided it was time to abandon that job in pursuit of the presidency. Now I guess he will seek Grand Potentate of the World next. All I can say to people like Jill is this....."elections have consequences!"

Anonymous said...

Wow, nice response to her column. I couldn't agree more.

DaMav

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the straight forward rebuke to this faux apology. Is Jill hoping Obama will read her words and give her some money or a job?

Does Jill want to be a paid Palin basher for Obama? Seems to be a lot of them out there.

Jill's posting is a clarion call to those of us who know better to call out everyone who attempts to keep these lies going.

Nice job Cliff. I work with a bunch of Jill's and you have given me strength.

Unknown said...

Jill is a small business owner? With her lack of reasoning and her propensity towards favoring slick con artists, I imagine she's going to be a "former small business owner" before long.

Just a conservative girl said...

The sad thing is, it seems to me that she doesn't get it. Voting for the President should be about doing what is best for the country. Congress is where the vote should be out what is best for you on a more local level.

El Cerdo Ignatius said...

The thing that jumped off the page for me, Clifton, is how the voter held her breath and hoped that Obama would surround himself with wise people and would take their counsel, but she couldn't imagine giving the same benefit of the doubt to Sarah Palin.

I keep thinking over and over about Rudolph Giuliani's speech at the 2008 Republican Convention, when he goes through John McCain's resume, and then says that the Democratic Party's nominee has been "a community organizer." And then the incredulous pause, and "WHAT?"

How, again, was Sarah Palin's resume worse than Barack Obama's?

namaste said...

OUTSTANDING post, cliff!

i couldn't agree with you more. i am still amazed at the complete hatred of sarah palin. the women who hate her are simply telling on themselves. they lack confidence and esteem. they clearly deem themselves unworthy of respect. therefore, it irks them to see another woman command her own respect.

Ymarsakar said...

Like many others, my view is narrow. I vote for the candidate I think will be best for me. I often define myself as a fiscal conservative and a social liberal. But above all, I want to feel safe and I don't want to feel that I am being ripped off. I want a president who inspires me and cares about my contribution to the fabric of the country. I want a president with experience and savvy, a Commander in Chief who puts our country and its citizens first.

Based upon that, I have to ask this: is she looking for a leader or a lover?

A lover for a female must necessarily be male, most of the time. But since when did women become so fixated on sexism that their expectation of a leader was that it would always be a man?

In the frontier culture or the Southern culture, we aren't so insecure in ourselves that we believe leadership is limited to one sex alone. Nor do we have problems taking orders from men or women, so long as they are worthy of our trust.

But Jill isn't worthy of having a good leader. Her actions speak louder than her words. But even if she isn't worthy, a great leader would still have tried to help her, rather than make class warfare against her. If Jill had let that leader come to power, rather than supporting her enemies.

These people have selfish interests but don't seem to understand that a real leader, an alpha of either male or female origins, is not someone who is selfish or self-centered or insensitive to the interests and needs of others. But because so many Americans have lost the traditions of proper behavior, they can't even figure out what is a con man as opposed to an honest man.

Things are that bad.

Paul Baker, PE said...

Quite a lot of comments from the blogosphers about the mea culpa. My main question to her is that she admits she was wrong about her first impression of GWB and BHO, but is steadfast in her first opinion of Palin. The question she needs to ask herself is what is the source of her information, and could that source be biased and in need of balance?

Dave said...

"Now take your snarky faux apology and get your dumb ass to the back of the bus!"

I hope Clifton B didn't mean anything racial by this... It's the way I secondarily interpreted the statement not initially. For some reason it leaves a bad taste...

Timstigator said...

I'm feeling smarter all the time when I read apologists, and there are many of them. However, my feeling smart isn't exactly paying the mortgage any better than it did when I was considered a knuckle-dragging conservative idiot.

Larry Sheldon said...

I don't think she looked at anything but the inside of her *ss.

Anonymous said...

Wow. Great column!

Jewish Odysseus said...

This is why women should never have been given the vote.

[JUST KIDDING, PEOPLE!!]

Seriously, how can a supposedly astute businesswoman not see how bizarre Obama's candidacy was? THE MAN WASN'T QUALIFIED TO RUN A CORNER CONVENIENCE STORE, let alone the Federal govt! HE NEVER HELD A REAL JOB IN HIS ENTIRE LIFE.

This lady isn't much stupider than most O voters, just less ashamed to manifest it publicly.

[btw, superb site here, Clif!]

Related Posts with Thumbnails