Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Nikki Haley had an affair with this guy? I’d sooner believe in Hope and Change!


Yesterday was a very busy day for me, thus the slacking on the blog. During my rushing back and forth, I did stop to check the news on my BlackBerry several times. One of the first stories I noticed was that South Carolina blogger Will Folks was "Letting The Chips Fall" and confessing to having had an affair with gubernatorial candidate Nikki Haley. 
Specifically, within the last forty-eight hours several pieces of information which purportedly document a prior physical relationship between myself and Rep. Haley have begun to be leaked slowly, piece by piece, to members of the mainstream media.  I am told that at least one story based upon this information will be published this week.  Watching all of this unfold, I have become convinced that the gradual release of this information is deliberately designed to advance this story in the press while simultaneously forcing either evasive answers or denials on my part or on Nikki’s part.
I refuse to play that game. I refuse to have someone hold the political equivalent of a switch-blade in front of my face and just sit there and watch as they cut me to pieces.
The truth in this case is what it is.  Several years ago, prior to my marriage, I had an inappropriate physical relationship with Nikki.
That’s it. 
Notice he never says he had sex with Haley and he makes note that it was before his marriage, thus making her the only cheater. Nikki Haley was quick to respond
In a statement, Haley, 38, denied any improper relationship and called Folks’ claim a “disgraceful smear.”
“I have been 100 percent faithful to my husband throughout our 13 years of marriage,” Haley said in a statement, issued by her campaign. “This claim against me is categorically and totally false.
“It is sad, but not surprising, that this disgraceful smear has taken form less than a week removed from the release of a poll showing our campaign with a significant lead. It is quite simply South Carolina politics at its worst.”
Sarah Palin, who recently endorsed Nikki Haley, joined the fray with this Facebook note
When Nikki and I held her endorsement rally on the steps of the beautiful and historic South Carolina state house a few weeks ago, I warned her and her family that she would be targeted because she’s a threat to a corrupt political machine, and she would be put through some hell. That, unfortunately, is the nature of the beast in politics today – especially for conservative “underdog” candidates who surge in the polls and threaten to shake things up so government can be put back on the side of the people. 
South Carolina: don’t let some blogger make any accusation against your Nikki if the guy doesn’t even have the guts or the integrity to speak further on such a significant claim. And don’t believe anything a liberal rag claims or suggests unless the reporter involved has the integrity and the facts to report to you so you can make up your own mind. For traditional media to rely on an accusation via some blog entry is almost laughable, but I know the seriousness of it because that’s exactly what my family and colleagues have had to put up with, every single day, for the past couple of years. 
As I said to Nikki this morning, “Hang in there. I’ve been there. Any lies told about you will strengthen your resolve to clean up political and media corruption. You and your supporters will grow stronger through things like this.” 

As I read the various stories on my BlackBerry I wasn’t sure what I thought of the whole thing.  Especially with the little details like Folks formerly being employed by the Love Gov Mark Sanford,  that he was did some consulting for Haley and that he gets paid to write certain stories. It wasn’t until I was home and finally got to see pictures of Will Folk, that I realized that this whole story is BS. 

No offense to Will Folks, but anyone with two eyes can see Nikki Haley is in a whole different league. I cannot imagine a hot woman like her cheating on her husband with … well you get the picture. So count me in with Erik Erickson on this one: hot women don't have affairs with ugly poor guysHowever, it is the voters of South Carolina who will have to decide if they buy this story or not. After a year with the Love Gov, this story might cause some to pause, hopefully not.

Via: Hot Air

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, she ain't Jacklyn Smith! He's not out of her league.

A.G. said...

Somebody probably dangled a bunch of money in front of him once Palin endorsed her, and now he has the Levi Johnston syndrome of just making stuff up and damaging people's reputations through innuendo. (But this fugly guy won't be appearing in Playgirl anytime soon).

And even if there was inappropriate smooching or whatever, years ago- with trillions of dollars of debt and our country marching towards bankruptcy, I hope voters will keep their eyes on the ball.

billdmn said...

thanks for your take - we need that kind of encouragement in ascertaining "stuff" far away but nonetheless of some weight...

Clifton B said...

Anonymous:

He's not out of her league.

Time to make a visit to Pearl Vision!

Clifton B said...

A.G.:

I think you are probably right about the dangling dollars especially given the Palin connection.

You are also right about weighing the status quo against possible pass indiscretions.

Clifton B said...

billdmn:

Glad to be of some service.

Related Posts with Thumbnails