Monday, May 3, 2010

Will the real Charlie Crist please stand up?


Marco Rubio was hammering away at Charlie Crist’s conservative bonafides all throughout the Republican primary. So successful was Rubio’s message that Crist abandoned all hope of wining the Republican nomination and is now running as an independent.

Now that Crist is an independent, and free of having to pretend he is a conservative, Crist is saying some interesting things.  First he tells National Review Online how happy he is as an independent
 “[Lieberman] told me that [going independent] is the most liberating thing,” Crist says. “He was right. I’m much happier now, to be perfectly candid.” 
Asked on Meet the Press if he would support a Democrat as leader of the Senate, the happier new independent Crist said he would be open to the idea stating: 
"I might not vote for either one," Crist said of which party's member he might support as majority leader. "I'm going to vote for who I think is going to be best for the people of Florida. If is happens to be a Democrat, so be it. If it happens to be a Republican, so be it." […] 
"When I'm an independent, I'm going to do what's I think is in the best interests of my people, and that's my decision," he explained. "And that's what I'm going to do for Floridians," Crist said And that's what people want, they don't want you to have to go with either Democrats or Republicans, you have to go with your gut and with your heart." 
This sounds so high minded, if you can believe any of it.  Here is the link to the Crist vs. Rubio debate on Fox Sunday. Listen to it and ask yourself does any of that jive with the Charlie Crist of today? 

I understand that people can change their political views.  I have changed some of mine over the years. There is usually some sort of epiphany that brings you to a new understanding. In the case of Charlie Crist, the only epiphany I can see since last month was his abysmal poll numbers.

Electing people like Crist is like taking a leap into the great unknown. Since they have no ideological core or principles, you have no idea how they will vote in the future.

4 comments:

smitty1e said...

Electing people like Crist is like taking a leap into the great unknown. Since they have no ideological core or principles, you have no idea how they will vote in the future.

But if the good POTUS is any guide, you can bet the drift will not be in any favorable direction.

Janelle said...

The state of hanging chads really wants you to STFU, Charlie Crist. Spend more time with your family, please.

Just Me said...

Crist is a flip-flop man... and I'm not talking about his shoes ;-)

kajun said...

"I'm going to vote for who I think is going to be best for the people of Florida."

"When I'm an independent, I'm going to do what's I think is in the best interests of my people, and that's my decision,"

At least he is honest enuff to admit he doesn't care what those people he represents wants..... he'll do what he thinks is best. So which lobbyist has the most money and how can he fill his pockets... that's what he's concerned with.

Typical RINO.

Related Posts with Thumbnails